Consulting in Software Testing
I'm Brian Marick. Welcome. This is my web site devoted to
software testing. Here's how it's organized:
- I founded Testing Foundations in 1992 after eleven years
as a tester, developer, and line manager.
- I concentrate on test design techniques, developer
testing, the interface between developers and independent
testers, and helping projects understand and manage
tradeoffs. I can serve as both a consultant and a
contractor. As a consultant, I listen and talk to people.
As a contractor, I write tests or code. (I still listen
and talk, though.)
I am a frequent speaker at conferences. I also
write articles, particularly for Better Software magazine. I have
also written two books: Everyday
Scripting with Ruby and The
Craft of Software Testing. Many of my
writings are included on this site.
- My weblog is one of the places I work through my ideas.
- I have written some free testing tools and hope to write
- Testing Patterns
- The Patterns of Software Testing workshops.
- I link to people within the testing and software
development world whose approach I find compatible or
- I used to maintain FAQs for software testing tools,
consultants, and courses. I've given those lists to Danny
Faught. He maintains them at testingfaqs.org.